Need an easy and dairy-free alternative to regular whipping cream? Look no further! This Honey Sweetened Coconut Whipping Cream is the perfect sub!
I’ve always been a fan of whipping cream. On my cake, in my hot cocoa, on my smoothies… by the spoonful from a bowl.
But dairy and I have never really gotten along well, so (unless I’m cheating – which I have been known to do) I’ve been trying out other options.
A quick search of the old world-wide web shows that coconut whipping cream is by far the most popular dairy-free sub out there, and thankfully I’m a huge coconut fan.
And so I’ve been whipping up the cream from canned coconut milk for a few years now whenever I need a dairy-free frosting.
Then last month while putting together a delicious Hummingbird Cake (get my recipe here!) for a friend’s baby shower, I had a revelation. It’s sooo much easier to get all that creamy goodness out of the can when it’s refrigerated upside down!
And so I knew I had to share this with y’all. No more tediously scooping off the cream from the top of the can, hoping not to get too much coconut water in your bowl. It’s a game changer.
Ready to give it a try? Go ahead, grab your coconut milk and stick it in your fridge upside down for a night. 😉
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some products from affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through this link will not cost you anything extra, but I will earn a small percentage that will help go to maintain and support this site and its free content. Thanks! 😉
- They night before you want to make the whipped cream, stick the cans of coconut milk in the fridge UPSIDE DOWN.
- The next day, place a non-plastic mixing bowl and hand beaters (I use my wonderful Kitchen Aid hand mixer) in the freezer. Let chill for about 1/2 hour.
- Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and open the bottom of the can (which will be on top).
- Pour out coconut water into a separate bowl or jar and set aside for another use (it's great in smoothies!).
- Scoop out coconut cream and place into chilled bowl.
- Beat cream with honey and vanilla until fluffy.
- Use as desired.
- For a chocolate version, add in a few tablespoons of cocoa powder and up the honey. Yum...
Shared at the Allergy Free Wednesdays, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Family Fun Friday, Sunday Fitness & Food, Foodie FriDIY, Full Plate Thursday, Gluten Free Fridays, Happy Healthy Green & Natural, Inspiration Thursday, Let’s Get Real, Motivation Mondays, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Fridays, Simply Natural Saturdays, Tasty Tuesday, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, Wednesday Showcase, Weekend Wind Down, Welcome Home Wednesdays, You Link It We Like It.