This easy, allergy-friendly Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect treat to satisfy your pumpkin and chocolate cravings!
There may be a few other people in my house that share my banana bread-love, and I’m always happy to indulge them with a warm, delicious loaf.
Not only are banana breads delicious enough to be served for dessert, they’re easy enough to whip up for a healthy fall breakfast! Well, healthy without the addition of chocolate chips… 😉 But I can’t resist throwing a handful (or two) in!
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra, but I will earn a small percentage that will go to help support and maintain this site and its free content. Thanks! 😉
- 1 c. brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. sorghum flour
- 1/2 c. tapioca flour
- 1 t. guar gum
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/8 t. cloves
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder (I like to make my own.)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 medium-sized, ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 c. pumpkin puree (it's easy to do it yourself!)
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 c. dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients together. (You can probably sub a gluten-free flour blend for the flours and guar gum, though I haven't tried it yet.)
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- Add in pumpkin, applesauce, and honey until well mixed.
- Stir in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Pour and gently smooth into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- I like to get my organic spices here.
Are you a fellow breakfast lover? My ebook, The Breakfast Bread Bible, is full of delicious gluten, egg, dairy, and refined-sugar free pancakes, muffins, coffee cakes, and yes, banana breads. 😉
Shared at Allergy Free Wednesday, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Family Fun Friday, Five Friday Finds, Foodie FriDIY, Full Plate Thursday, Gluten Free Fridays, Gluten-Free Recipe Fix, Inspiration Thursday, Let’s Get Real, Making Memories Monday, Marvelous Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Friday, Recipe Swap, Simply Natural Saturdays, Tasty Tuesday, Tell ‘Em Tuesday, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, Think and Make Thursday, Tuesday’s Table, Waste Not Want Not, Welcome Home Wednesday, What to Do Weekends.