These Banana Nut Butter Bites are an easy, allergy-friendly treat that moms won’t mind making their kiddos. With only a few ingredients, they’re fun to make – and even more fun to devour!
This post contains affiliate links, FYI.
Needing to chill.
This year my kids have been going crazy over popsicles and other frozen treats. Not that I blame them – we’re all still getting used to the new-to-us southern friends, Heat & Humidity, since moving down here from the frigid northwest.
Here are some of their current favorite frozen treats:
- Apple Pie Popsicles
- Honey Peach Popsicles
- Real Food Fudgesicles
- Easy Nut Butter Fat Bombs
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Freezer Fudge
Because of their new obsession (and I must confess, I share it most afternoons!) I’m always on the lookout for easy snacks for my kids.
When I spotted Kelly’s eBook, Healthy Ice Pops & Frozen Treats, as part of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle I knew without a doubt that was the book for my family! What more could a mom of
four five sweltering children possibly need?
So I got the bundle and dug in to Kelly’s book. And it is delicious. A dream come true for any kid… or mom. In fact, Kelly’s eBook is full of enough treats to keep you and your kiddos happy all summer long!
Banana Nut Butter Bites
These Banana Nut Butter Bites are pretty much one of the easiest treats I’ve made my kiddos in a while, and they enjoyed helping me! They’re pretty much just 3 ingredients: bananas, nut butter, and magic shell (so easy to make homemade!).
The hardest party was waiting for them to get out of the freezer. 😉
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra. Thanks!
- 3-4 semi-ripe bananas
- nut butter of choice (like this one)
- Homemade Magic Shell Topping (recipe below)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut banana into slices. Place about two dozen banana slices evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place a small dollop of nut utter on the center of each banana slice and then top with another banana slice to form a banana nut butter sandwich.
- Place in the freezer for about 2-3 hours to freeze solid.
- While the sandwiches are freezing, make homemade Magic Shell topping.
- Remove frozen banana sandwiches from freezer and add a toothpick to the center of each one.
- Working quickly, dip each banana sandwich into the Magic Shell topping and allow it to set a bit, then place back onto the parchment.
- Once all banana sandwiches are covered in chocolate place back in the freezer for at least one hour before serving.
- To store, place in a freezer-safe container for up to one week.
- In a heat-proof dish or double-boiler, gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil over slightly simmering water while continuously whisking.
- Once melted and well combined, carefully remove the dish and whisk in the vanilla.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a glass jar and allow it to cool.
You’ll also love these recipes…