These easy, Gluten-Free Buttermilk Crackers are the perfect replacement snack for all you moms with cracker-loving kids. Or even just the moms who love crackers themselves. 😉 With no artificial favors, food colorings, or sweeteners, they’re a great healthy option.
After finding out we needed to go gluten-free, crackers were a hard thing for my family to give up. I had been making homemade crackers for years (taught by my crunchy-before-it-was-cool mom), and they were the perfect snack for my kiddos.
After scouring the internet (not really, I try not to scour anything) I found this simple recipe and thought I’d give it a try. A few tweaks later, it was a hit! My family, self included, gobbled up the crackers. 😉 They now regularly ask for them, and I don’t mind obliging.
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra, but I will earn a small percentage that will go to help support and maintain this site and its free content. Thanks! 😉
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Whisk together dry ingredients, except flax meal, in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In liquid measuring cup, combine milk and vinegar. Let curdle for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flax meal and let soak for another few minutes.
- Stir in oil and honey.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ones and mix until a ball forms.
- Knead to form a smooth dough.
- Divide dough in half and place on two lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Roll out thinly and cut into squares with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Prick all over with a fork, and sprinkle with extra salt.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until crispy on the edges.
- Modified from this recipe.
Or check out the delicious snacks in THIS EBOOK.
This is shared at Allergy Free Thursdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Awesome Life Fridays, Blogger’s Brags, Fat Tuesday, Five Friday Finds, Gluten Free Fridays, Gluten Free Recipe Fix, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Marvelous Mondays, Merry Mondays, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Friday, Tell ‘Em Tuesday, Thank Goodness It’s Monday.