Using up all the leftover turkey after Thanksgiving can be a bit of a struggle. Sandwiches and reheated meat can grow old quickly.
While one of my favorite ways to use up the gigantic bird is my Turkey, Rice & Kale Soup, this Savory Turkey Rice is full of flavor and quite the crowd pleaser as well. 😉
Plus, it not only uses leftover meat, but it’s a wonderful way to add the broth from the bottom of the pan as well!
Savory Turkey Rice
Free of gluten, eggs, dairy & sugar.
- 2 c. long-grain white rice (I used basmati, but jasmine would work as well)
- 4 c. turkey broth or stock (or part stock/part water, depending on how much you have)
- 1 T. parsley
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 c. leftover shredded or chopped turkey (light or dark meat)
- In large pot, add rice and stock. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rice has soaked up all the liquid and is tender (about 15+ minutes). Remove from heat.
- Add salt, pepper, and turkey. Mix well to combine.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
Raias Recipes https://raiasrecipes.com/