Muffins are definitely a favorite breakfast at my house. We’ve tried many varieties of muffins, from banana bread muffins to avocado mint muffins to dark chocolate berry muffins to savory pumpkin muffins – and we love them all – but these soaked granola ones are probably my family’s favorites.
Soaked Granola Muffins
Traditionally prepared grains.
Interested in more soaked goodness? Here are a few other delicious recipes with traditionally prepared grains. They’re not just soaked recipes, there are a few gluten-free sourdough recipes, as well. My family does enjoy sourdough made from non-gluten-free grains, but I won’t include those here, don’t worry!
All these recipes are great for your digestion, and a sure way to have a happy tummy, too. 🙂
- Buckwheat & Sorghum Pancakes
- Gluten-Free Garlic & Herb Sourdough Crackers
- Steamed Indian Idli Rice Cakes
- Sourdough Almond Flour Waffles
- Gluten-Free Sourdough Pancakes
- Soaked Maple Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free Soaked Pizza Crust
- Overnight Almond Oatmeal Waffles
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra. Thanks!
Soaked Granola Muffins
Free of gluten, refined sugar, and dairy, with egg-free option.
- 5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup whey (for dairy-free, just sub this out with the same amount of water + 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar)
- 2 cups milk of choice or water (I like to use my homemake coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I like to make my own)
- 4 eggs (or 1/4 cup flax meal for egg-free)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or my homemade chocolate chunks (optional, but for real, why not?)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Combine soak together ingredients in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit on your counter overnight, or for at least 7 hours.
When the soaking period is over, preheat oven to 375, and stir in “add in” ingredients.
For muffins, scoop 1/3 cupfuls of batter into greased or lined muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
For granola bars pour batter into a couple greased or parchment lined 9×13 inch dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
For cookies place heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden-browned.