If you’ve spent any amount of time on this blog, you’ve probably noticed that I’m all about chocolate. But this year I’ve found a new love: sweet potatoes.
And much to my dear husband’s dismay, I have been trying to sneak them in almost everything. Soup, pudding
, chili, why not brownies?
These brownies have a light texture and a wonderful dark chocolate taste. They were gobbled up. My husband liked them so much he asked me to make another batch!
Sweet Potato Brownies
Grain, gluten, dairy & refined sugar free.
Modified from Eat Drink Paleo
- 1 large raw sweet potato
- 4 pastured eggs
- 2 t. vanilla extract (I like to make my own)
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 t. cream of tartar
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. coconut flour (I like to make my own)
- Preheat oven to 370 and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Peel and grate the sweet potato, then combine it with the eggs, vanilla, honey, and applesauce.
- Stir in everything else and pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Raias Recipes https://raiasrecipes.com/