These delicious Honey Spiced Sweet Potatoes have the perfect amount of sweet, and a touch of wonderful holiday spice.
Post updated 12/4/2018.
Too sweet for a side.
I don’t know about you, but when the holiday parties roll around, there’s one dish I never add to my plate. And it’s not grandma’s fruitcake. It’s candied yams/sweet potatoes.
All that sticky, gooey, sweet stuff is just too much for me. Whose idea was it to put marshmallows on sweet potatoes anyway? Way to ruin a perfectly good dish.
But with the holidays just upon us, and sweet potatoes in my pantry, I thought it was high time I came up with a redeeming healthy substitute. And I think these do the job.
Sweet potato goodness.
Check out these other tasty paleo ways to get that goodness in your life!
- Paleo Chocolate Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl
- Sweet Potato Chestnut Soup with Sage & Bacon
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
- Healthy Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Chipotle Chili
- Everything Seasoned Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Paleo Sweet Potato Muffins
- Spiced Paleo Sweet Potato Cookies
Honey Spiced Sweet Potatoes
This dish has the perfect amount of sweet, and a touch of wonderful holiday spice, without the gooey sugary-ness. I think it’s safe to say that I could eat these Honey Spiced Sweet Potatoes all year round.
When I originally came up with the recipe I could enjoy all the dairy I want. So I slathered these babies in butter. Of course, now that I’ve gone dairy-free for good, I’ve modified the recipe to include just coconut oil. If you can do dairy, please feel free to add in the butter, or do half and half!
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra. Thanks!
Honey Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Free from grain, gluten, eggs, and dairy.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter, if you can handle dairy)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Preheat oven to 400.
Wash sweet potatoes, peel if you like (it’s not necessary), chop into uniform 1/2 inch cubes, and place them in a 9×13 inch baking dish. (Recipe can be halved, if you want, just bake it in a smaller dish.)
Over low heat, melt the coconut oil or butter. Stir in the honey, molasses, and spices.
Drizzle over sweet potatoes, then sprinkle with salt. Stir to evenly coat, then bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
You’ll also enjoy these holiday side dishes!
- 3-Ingredient Cabbage Steaks
- Grain-Free Potato Latkes
- Homemade Cider & Elderberry Cranberry Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Dried Cranberries