[Enter easy soup.]
- 1/4 large yellow onion
- 1 T. minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 lb. ground beef, frozen or thawed
- 1 qt. stock
- water to cover (about 2 qts.)
- In large pot, combine everything and bring to a boil.
- Prepare dumplings.
- In large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until crumbly, then slowly stir in milk until slightly sticky dough forms.
- When beef is cooked, drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough (or larger, if you like) into boiling soup.
- Boil until dumplings are cooked through - about 5 minutes.