As a busy mom, I’m always on the lookout for easy lunches to serve my hungry kiddos. Quesadillas are about as easy as you can get. Sort-of a sandwich taken up a notch. While I enjoy my quesadillas with beans, meat, and other tasty inserts, my kids like them plain.
Originally, cheese triangles were born out of a way to make the quesadillas easier for my kids to handle, since a whole one is a tad large for little hands. But as they grew, their love for cheese triangles didn’t diminish. 😉
Cheese triangles remain a family favorite lunch, preferably served with a side of salsa and sour cream, or my son’s favorite: my lacto-fermented hummus!
Free of gluten & eggs.
Write a review
- butter or coconut oil
- tortillas (I used corn, but you can use whatever kind you want)
- cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each tortilla.
- Place a tortilla, butter-side-down, on the skillet, cover with cheese, and place another tortilla, butter-side-up, on top.
- Fry until golden-browned on bottom, then flip and repeat.
- Remove and cut into triangles with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with sour cream or hummus.
- Options: add ground beef or chopped peppers to cheese layer.
Raias Recipes https://raiasrecipes.com/
Shared at From the Archives.