This grain and dairy-free Hot ‘n Creamy Pumpkin Flax Cereal is the perfect allergy-friendly breakfast for a chilly morning!
Anyway, I originally saw this recipe a loooong time ago on Tessa’s site, and I knew I would have to try it out sooner or later. So, here’s my version: a few tweaks, a little homemade vanilla (because I LOVE vanilla), and it’s a wonderful thing to wake up to!
Sort of a cross between a pudding and a porridge, it’s probably my favorite quick-fix breakfast for pumpkin-everything season. Which could probably actually be all year long… 😉
- In small saucepan, whisk together milk, pumpkin, and honey over medium heat until honey is dissolved.
- Stir in flax, coconut flour, and cinnamon and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Let stand a few minutes to thicken.
- Enjoy. 🙂
- For a yummy chocolate version, add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. 😉
- Makes 2 small servings.
Shared at Allergy Free Wednesdays, Foodie Friday, Free From Friday, Full Plate Thursday, Gluten Free Fridays, Gluten Free Wednesdays ,Great Idea Thursday,The HomeAcre Hop, Pennywise Platter, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Friday, Real Food Wednesdays, Shine, Vegan Breakfasts, the Weekend Potluck, Wellness Wednesdays, The Yuck Stops Here.