They say a picture is worth a thousand words, right?
So I’m not going to write any more. Just enjoy the goodness of my bad photography. : )
Cinnamon Spice Doughnuts
Gluten, Egg & Dairy Free
Write a review
- 1 c. sorghum flour
- 1/2 c. arrowroot powder
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/8 t. cloves
- 1/2 c. diary-free milk (I like to make my own)
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/4 c. applesauce
- 1 T. flax meal (or chia)
- 1/4 c. evaporated cane juice
- 1 T. molasses
- 1 t. vanilla extract (I like to make my own)
- Preheat doughnut maker (or oven to 350).
- In liquid measuring cup, combine milk and acv. Set aside to "curdle."
- In large bowl, whisk together applesauce, flax meal, evaporated cane juice, molasses, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture to applesauce mixture, and mix well.
- Quickly stir in dry ingredients until no streaks remain.
- Scoop about 2-3 tablespoons of batter into doughnut maker (or mini-doughnut pan) and bake for 8 minutes.
- While doughnuts are baking, melt coconut oil.
- In small bowl, mix evaporated cane juice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- After removing doughnuts from pans, dip in melted coconut oil and then in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Raias Recipes https://raiasrecipes.com/