This Favorite Roast Chicken is just that: my family’s favorite. They could eat it every night. The spices are perfect and the juice and olive oil from the chicken slightly caramelize, giving the veggies a delicious sweetness. Our favorite veggies are carrots and potatoes, but you could use whatever you have on hand.
I’m hungry just writing about it now….
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash chicken and place skin-side up in 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Slice carrots into spears, chop celery and onion, and place around chicken, along with the garlic.
- Sprinkle with spices, herbs, and salt.
- Drizzle oil over everything.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until juices are clear and not bloody.