These Chocolate Coconut Bars are one of the easiest and most popular treats I make for my family and friends. With no nuts, dairy, eggs, or grains, they’re super allergy-friendly. And since they don’t require anything other than a blender and a freezer, they’re perfect for those hot summer days! The only problem with them is figuring out how to not eat the whole pan myself…
Mmmm… You know you’ve done something right when your I-won’t-eat-anything-new
4-year old comes to you and says, “Mom! When can we have some of the delishish things?”
I’m almost certain I will be allowed to make these in heaven. And, since there won’t be any guilt there, I’ll be able to make a double batch and eat them all myself.
Chocolate Coconut Bars
Free of grain, gluten, eggs & dairy.
- 2 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 t. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used these dairy-free ones, but whatever you want will work)
- Warm coconut oil until it is liquid.
- Place everything except the chocolate chips in a blender (I use this one) and blend on high until smooth. (This will take about 5 minutes or so.)
- Spread into a 9x5 plastic container or something foil-lined.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- While coconut mixture is freezing, melt chocolate chips.
- Spread melted chocolate over frozen coconut and stick in the freezer again until chocolate is hardened.
- Pop out of container/remove foil and chop into pieces.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Raias Recipes https://raiasrecipes.com/
This recipe is linked to Allergy Friendly Wednesday, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Foodie FriDIY, From the Archives, From the Farm, Free From Fridays, Full Plate Thursday, Happy Healthy Green & Natural, Hearth & Soul, Real Food Fridays, Savoring Saturdays, Simply Natural Saturdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, the Wednesday Showcase, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Wind Down, Welcome Home Wednesday.