Almost real. Nice name, eh? Well, it was a big complement from my hubby. Usually he says my bread/crust endeavors taste like cornbread, and that’s not a compliment. 🙂 I do agree this is the closest I’ve come to the “real thing” without the use of eggs, and thankfully it’s super easy.
- Preheat oven to 500 and grease a 9x13 inch pan or cookie sheet with olive oil.
- In large bowl, combine honey and water.
- Stir to dissolve honey, then stir in yeast. Let stand until bubbly.
- Stir in olive oil and remaining ingredients until it comes to a ball.
- Pour a little more olive oil over the ball and coat it. Dump it onto prepared cookie sheet and carefully spread out.
- Pre-bake for 7 minutes, remove, add toppings, and bake again for about 7 minutes, or until cheese is done.