The perfect pregnancy… meal.
Happy birthday, baby.
Guilt-free chocolate goodness.
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra. Thanks!
Chocolate Applesauce Cake
Free from gluten, eggs, and dairy.
- 1 c. brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. potato starch
- 1/2 c. tapioca flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. guar gum
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. evaporated cane juice (or a little more if you like things sweeter)
- 2 1/4 c. applesauce
- 1 T. vanilla (I like to make my own)
- 1 c. dairy-free chocolate chips (or my homemade ones for a cheaper option)
Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and dust with cocoa.
In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl combine applesauce and vanilla.
Add to dry and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes.
Set to cool while preparing frosting.
Free of gluten, eggs, and dairy.
- 1/2 c. evaporated cane juice
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. dairy-free milk (I like to use my homemade coconut milk)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
In small saucepan, whisk together sugar and cocoa.
Add milk, stir until smooth and heat to boiling.
Boil for about a minute, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn.
Remove from heat, add vanilla and beat until thickened.
Pour and spread over cooled cake and sprinkle with walnuts.