There are few things that can beat a good cookie in my house.
- 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. coconut flour (I like to make my own)
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 T. chia or flax meal
- 1/4 c. hot water
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 t. vanilla extract (I like to make my own)
- 1/4 c. applesauce
- 1/2 c. dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together coconut, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, combine the chia and hot water and let stand until gelled.
- Add in the honey, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Mix into dry ingredients and drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until browned on top.
- Let cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Check out my friend Starlene’s book. It’s full of great tips, as well as some tasty recipes! Click on the eBook to learn more.
For more easy cookies, look no further than HERE. 😉