Easy and delicious, this paleo and GAPS friendly Banana Nut Butter Smoothie is a breakfast favorite the whole family will enjoy!
My family loves smoothies. Of any and every kind. But this Banana Nut Butter Smoothie is by far my family’s favorite smoothie. Yes, even my fairy princess 9 year-old, who prefers sugary, pink, and sparkly will drink this smoothie. It’s the perfect combo of banana and nut butter – not too sweet, so you can enjoy it for breakfast, but also sweet enough to be a great treat during nap-time.
If you’re not a fan of nut butter (or you’re allergic) you can use peanut butter, instead.
If you’re a fellow smoothie-lover, check out these other delicious options. They’re all 100% grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. And 100% family approved…
- Beets & Berries Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Mineral-Rich Electrolyte Smoothie
- Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl
- Carrot Orange Smoothie
- Healthy Eggnog Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Butter Pumpkin Smoothie
Even though Banana Nut Butter Smoothie calls for chia seeds and vanilla, those to ingredients are totally optional. This smoothie is enjoyable plain-Jane style, or for extra flare, you can add ginger, cinnamon, cocoa powder, grass-fed gelatin… The possibilities are pretty endless!
If you can do dairy, this smoothie is also delicious made with raw milk!
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra. Thanks!
Nut Butter Smoothie
Free from grain, gluten, eggs, dairy, and refined sugar.
- 3 very ripe bananas (you can use unspotted ones, but it won’t be as sweet)
- 1 1/2 c. milk of choice (I like to use my homemade coconut milk, but my hubby prefers whole or raw cow’s)
- 1/3 c. almond butter for paleo, or peanut butter for GAPS
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 1 t. vanilla extract (I like to make my own)
- 16 or so ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender (I use a Blendtec) and whirl on high until smooth.