These brownies are a hit every time I make them. No one ever guesses that they’re full of beans. 😉
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Grain, Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free
Write a review
- 2 c. soaked and rinsed dry beans (I usually sprout them first)
- 3 T. flax meal
- 1/2 c. + 1 T. hot water
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1/2 c. evaporated cane juice (I like this kind)
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. cocoa powder
- 1 T. vanilla (I like to make my own!)
- 2 t. baking powder (I like to make my own - it's easy!)
- 1 c. dairy-free chocolate chips (I like to use these)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Place everything in a food processor or high powered blender except the baking powder and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Process until smooth.
- Sprinkle baking powder on top and pulse lightly until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until brownies are firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Optional: stir in 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or add 1 t. peppermint extract.
Raias Recipes https://raiasrecipes.com/