Andy’s Beans – Real food, Cuban Beans.
These real food, Cuban beans are naturally gluten-free and dairy-free. Andy’s beans can also be made with the addition of leftover meat, making them a complete, delicious meal.
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra. Thanks!
Andy's Beans :: Real Food Cuban Beans
Free from grain, gluten, eggs, and dairy.
- 1 pound dry black beans (I usually sprout them first)
- 8 cups filtered water
- 2 cups beef, venison, chicken, or veggie stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced or minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons evaporated cane juice (optional)
- 1/4 pound leftover beef or venison, shredded or chopped (optional)
Soak beans overnight or at least 8 hours (I usually soak mine for at least 24 hours). Rinse well and place in stock pot.
Add water, stock, wine, oil, pepper and spices. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
Simmer covered for 3-4 hours, or until beans reach desired tenderness, adding water if necessary.
Add vinegar and meat and sugar, if using. Heat through.
Serve over rice.
This meal taste even better as a left-over!