Easy and decadent, these grain and dairy-free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles are the perfect holiday treat!
This post contains affiliate links, FYI.
There are few things I enjoy more than chocolate.
If you’ve been around this blog before, you’ll know
that fact through and through. Chocolate for breakfast
, chocolate for a little snack
, and when I’m pregnant, a little chocolate cake for dinner
… (Who am I kidding, I don’t need to be pregnant to eat cake for dinner!)
Yes, my chocolate-love runs deep. Specifically my love of dark chocolate. The darker, the better.
These truffles speak to me.
They say wonderful things about dark chocolate, peppermint (another one of my favorites), and hiding in a closet so I don’t have to share…
Not that I’d ever do that! I’m a good mommy, and these candies don’t have any refined sugar in them (other than the dairy-free chocolate glaze), so if I do happen to share, I know my kids aren’t filling up on junk.
Besides being allergy-friendly and pretty healthy for a candy, these little balls of deliciousness are super easy to make. Just a few ingredients, a few minutes in the freezer, and you’re on your way to enjoying something that would cost way too much money if you weren’t making it yourself…
And the results of your little bit of effort are well worth it. You’ll probably be hiding in the closet eating them, too. 😉
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra, but I will earn a small percentage that will go to help support and maintain this site and its free content. Thanks!
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Free grain, gluten, eggs, and dairy.
- 3 T. peanut butter or other almond butter
- 3 T. honey
- 1/4 c. coconut milk (I like to make my own)
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 t. peppermint extract
- dash of sea salt
- 6 T. dairy-free chocolate (I like to use these)
- 6 T. coconut milk (+ more to make it drizzly enough)
- Melt peanut butter, honey, and coconut in small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder and peppermint extract.
- Roll into teaspoon-sized balls and place in the freezer for about 1/2 hour, or until firm.
- In small saucepan, melt glaze ingredients.
- Remove from truffles from freezer and glaze.
- Return to freezer to solidify glaze.
- Store any leftovers there might be in the fridge.
Raias Recipes https://raiasrecipes.com/
Pin these Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles for later!
What are your favorite candies?
Here are a few of mine…
Super Easy Raw Peanut Butter Truffles | Peanut Butter Turtles | Walnut Roca
Sesame Coconut Halva | Peanut Butter Protein Truffles | Peanut Butter Chocolate Freezer Fudge