Quick and easy dessert, coming right up in the form of this delicious paleo Chocolate Banana Pudding.
If you stick around my blog for a little while you’ll notice that I love two meals: breakfast and dessert. Those meals make my days worth getting out of bed for.
Not that I don’t have quite a few other wonderful reasons to get out of bed every day, they just don’t taste as good…
But yeah, breakfast is pretty important to me. I’ll skip lunch, dinner, snacks, whatever, but NOT breakfast. I cannot function without it. And it must contain some sort of protein or I don’t last long.
Dessert for breakfast.
I’m pretty sure there’s not a day that goes by where I don’t think about eating chocolate, as well… for breakfast. Because breakfast is the perfect time of day to eat it! Sorta like most moms like coffee before anything, I like chocolate before anything. It gets my brain going and helps me start the day happy. 😉
Muffins, brownies, cake… They all make great breakfasts! But I don’t always have time to whip up a grain-free chocolate cake before starting school with my kiddos.
Easy option when I don’t have time to make a grain-free cake? Pudding. Specifically this chocolate banana pudding.
Easy, paleo chocolate banana pudding.
If you’re like me and you need breakfast and chocolate in your life, you’ll probably enjoy this pudding. And if you want even more fun chocolate for breakfast recipes (puddings included)? Here are a few of my favorites…
- Personal Pan Dark Chocolate Paleo Breakfast Brownie
- Chocolate Banana Crepes
- Coconut Flour Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Nut Butter Glaze
- Chocolate Almond Butter Pumpkin Smoothie
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding
- Chocolate Peppermint Frosty
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
You’re welcome. 😉
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra. Thanks!
Chocolate Banana Pudding
Free from grain, gluten, eggs, dairy and refined sugar.
- 1 ripe banana (about 1 c. mashed)
- 3 tablespoons nut butter (almond or peanut)
- 2 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- a pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, if needed (I use my homemade coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use my own homemade extract)
- Honey-Sweetened Chocolate Chunks
- chopped walnuts
Add nut butter and mix until creamy.
Stir in cocoa, honey, and salt and blend until well combined.
Add in vanilla until well mixed. If the texture is too thick, add a little milk.
Store covered in fridge.