Announcing a new family favorite! Easy Gluten-Free Buttermilk Waffles, from my kitchen to yours. 😉
…so special that we often eat it twice (or three times) a day. Muffins for breakfast, a smoothie with lunch, pancakes for dinner… When it’s healthy and delicious, where’s the harm in it, right?
These Easy Gluten-Free Buttermilk Waffles are one of those breakfasts that make an appearance on our table no matter what mealtime it happens to be. My family is always happy to see them coming – and I’m always happy to make them!
One of the greatest things about being a food blogger is all the delicious food you get to sample from other bloggers. A few months ago, Rachel from Gluten-Free Mama sent me her coconut flour and almond flour mixes to try out. Their textures were so light and the flavor they gave was so delicious, I knew they must be used in something special. 😉
After copious amounts of chocolate chip cookies were made with the coconut flour mix, I devoted the mix almond flour mix to more savory treats, like my Rustic Gluten-Free Bread Sticks (serious yum, folks!), and these delicious waffles.
Even my un-waffle-loving hubby said they were the best waffles he’s ever had – after they were all gone and I hadn’t taken pictures, of course. Oh well, I just had to make them again! 😉
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra, but I will earn a small percentage that will go to help support and maintain this site and its free content. Thanks! 😉
- Grease and preheat your waffle iron on medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In liquid measuring cup, combine milk and apple cider vinegar until curdled (about 5 minutes).
- In a saucepan, slowly heat liquids (so the coconut oil doesn’t solidify).
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ones, stirring quickly to combine.
- Pour 1/3 cupfuls of batter onto each section of your hot, greased skillet and cook for about 2-4 minutes, depending on your waffle iron.
- If you don't have cream of tartar, you can replace it AND the baking soda with 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
How about you?
Are you a breakfast for lunch (or dinner) fan? What are your favorites?
Here are some of mine:
- Banana Nut Butter Donuts
- Banana Bread Muffins
- Easiest Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Shared at Allergy Free Wednesdays, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Faith-Filled Parenting, Family Fun Friday, Foodie FriDIY, Free From Fridays, From the Farm, Full Plate Thursday, Gluten-Free Fridays, Happy Healthy Green & Natural, Hearth & Soul, Inspiration Thursday, Inspire Me Monday, Let’s Get Real, Merry Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Motivation Monday, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Fridays, Simply Natural Saturday, Tasty Tuesdays, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, the Wednesday Showcase, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Retreat, Welcome Home Wednesdays.