Oats are a funny thing with celiac. Some people (like my dad – lucky) can handle them just fine and eat as much as they want (albeit certified gluten-free ones, of course), while some people (like myself), can pretty much have… none. Not even super organic, gluten-free ones.
<insert sad face here>
Every now and again though, I cheat and eat a little. I just make sure that my cheating is fully worth the results.
- 1/4 c. softened coconut oil (or butter, if you can do dairy)
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 t. vanilla (I like to make my own)
- 2 1/2 c. gluten-free oats
- 1 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 c. chopped apples (I like to use golden delicious)
- 1/2 c. raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it.
- If your coconut oil is hard, warm it up. Make sure the applesauce, eggs, and peanut butter are at room temp so they don't make the coconut oil harden again. Mix all these together in a large bowl, along with the vanilla.
- Pour the oats, coconut and cinnamon on top, then sprinkle with salt and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the apples and raisins.
- Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
This recipe is shared at Allergy Free Wednesdays, Brag About It, Family Fun Friday, Fat Tuesday, Five Friday Finds, Flashback Friday, Foodie Fridays, Foodtastic Friday, Friday’s Unfolded, From the Farm, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Recipe Fix, Good Tips Tuesday, Great Idea Thursday, Hearth & Soul, Let’s Get Real, Mama Moments Monday, Marvelous Mondays, Merry Monday, Motivational Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Natural Family Friday, Pennywise Platter, Pure Blog Love, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Friday, Saturday Night Fever, Shine, Show Me Saturday, Simple Life Sunday, Simple Saturday, Simply Natural Saturdays, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, the Wednesday Showcase, Welcome Home Wednesdays, Wellness Wednesdays, What to Do Weekends, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Wonderful Wednesdays.