Whether you’re celebrating Rosh Hashanah, or just in search of an easy treat, this gluten-free Spiced Applesauce Cake is the perfect fit.
Welcome to my kids’ “special Rosh Hashanah cake,” born out of a mash-up of my Chocolate Applesauce Cake and a recipe in a book on the Feasts of Israel.
Though typically, Rosh Hashanah treats use apples, not applesauce, a few of my princesses don’t care for chunks of things in their cakes, so I opted for a more kid-friendly version with applesauce.
It has a wonderful honey-chewy texture and the perfect amount of spice. My little baking helpers loved it, with and without the icing. 🙂
I hope you love this chewy, Spiced Applesauce Cake as much as we do!
Spiced Applesauce Cake
Free of gluten, eggs, and dairy.
Write a review
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a bundt pan or a 9x13-inch baking dish and dust with rice flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine applesauce, molasses, and vanilla. Add to dry and stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes. Set to cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together honey, cinnamon, and arrowroot. Drizzle over cake.
Raias Recipes http://raiasrecipes.com/