I made a few horrible discoveries the other day after preparing a wonderful spaghetti squash dinner.
1 – My kids do not like spaghetti squash.
2 – I very regularly undercook it. (Perhaps that’s why they don’t like it so much…)
3 – I’m intolerant to it. *huge sorrowful sigh*
As a result of these discoveries, I was left with quite a bit of leftover nearly cooked spaghetti squash.
Solution to that problem: Easy Twice-Baked Spaghetti Squash “Pizza,” topped with enough sauce and cheese for the kids not to know it was really a squash they were eating. 🙂
Sneaky, sneaky – and very tasty.
(Please note, despite the “twice-baked” name, I actually have discovered that boiling the squash whole, until easily pierced with a paring knife, and then cutting, de-seeding, de-stranding, etc., is soooo much easier than baking it.)
- pre-cooked spaghetti squash
- pasta sauce (whatever kind you like)
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- pre-cooked meat
- chopped mushrooms/veggies
- Italian seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place pre-cooked squash in 9x9 inch baking dish (or a bigger one if you have a lot).
- Stir in pasta sauce and add-ins (if using), then sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned on top and squash is thoroughly heated.