Celebrate fall with this delicious and easy to make Creamy Squash & Apple Soup!
This soup is super yummy on a cold fall night and not hard at all to whip up. It also tastes great as a leftover. You can use butternut or acorn squash, I like to use both. After making yummy butternut squash pizzas for lunch, I roast the leftover bottom half of the butternut and a whole acorn squash. Yum!
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra, but I will earn a small percentage that will go to help support and maintain this site and its free content. Thanks! 😉
Creamy Squash & Apple Soup
Free of grain, gluten, eggs, dairy & sugar.
Write a review
- 1 large butternut squash or acorn squash
- 1 large gala apple (or two, or another sweet apple)
- 6-8 c. veggie or chicken stock
- garlic salt, basil, oregano, salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. coconut milk (I like to make my own)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut squash in halves or quarters, scoop out seeds, and roast until fork tender (about 45-50 minutes).
- While squash is roasting, chop apple into chunks and place in large pot with stock.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Scoop roasted squash out of peel and into blender. Add apples and puree until smooth (you may have to do this in batches).
- Pour back into pot, stir in herbs, spices, and coconut milk.
Raias Recipes http://raiasrecipes.com/