So, I needed a tasty, easy, allergy-friendly dessert for a church potluck. This Honey Applesauce Cake seemed like a good idea. 😉
I tried to get a picture of a slice, so the texture could be seen, but it didn’t last long enough….
(The texture was great, by the way.)
Honey Applesauce Cake
Gluten, Egg, Dairy Refined Sugar Free
Write a review
For the glaze
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 t. arrowroot powder
- 1/4 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bunt pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and make a well in the middle.
- Puree banana, applesauce, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in blender, then pour into well.
- Mix until no dry streaks remain and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until golden-browned and cake springs back slightly when pressed.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting to a plate. In a small saucepan, warm honey until liquid.
- Stir in arrowroot and walnuts.
- When cool, drizzle with glaze.
Raias Recipes http://raiasrecipes.com/