This is, by far, my family’s favorite smoothie (even my fairy princess, who prefers pink and sparkly). It’s the perfect combo of banana and peanut butter – not too sweet, so you can enjoy it for breakfast, but also sweet enough to be a great treat during nap-time. 😉
If you’re not a fan of peanut butter (or you’re allergic) you can use almond butter, instead.
Even though the recipe calls for chia seeds and vanilla, those things are totally optional. This smoothie is enjoyable plain-Jane style, or for extra flare, you can add ginger, cinnamon, cocoa powder, grass-fed gelatin… the possibilities are endless…
- 2 very ripe bananas (you can use unspotted ones, but it won't be as sweet)
- 1 - 1 1/2 c. milk of choice (I like to use my homemade coconut milk, but my hubby prefers whole or raw cows)
- 1/3 c. peanut butter
- 2 T. chia meal (optional, or chia seeds)
- 1 t. vanilla (I like to make my own)
- 16 or so ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender and whirl on high for 2 minutes.