I’m a huge curry fan. The combo of spicy, savory sauce with meat and veggies or rice is exotic and comforting at the same time.
Unfortunately, my kiddos are not curry fans. Cinnamon is about as “spicy” as they can handle!
This curry, however, is very mild, and the coconut milk helps the spicy blend. My kids don’t mind it so much, even though they still have to finish their meat off with a bowl of plain rice. 😉
Mild Chicken Curry
Gluten, Egg, Dairy & Sugar Free
Write a review
- 2-3 T. coconut oil or evoo
- 1 onion, thinly chopped
- 2-3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 t. gluten-free curry powder
- 1/8 t. cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of cardamom
- 1/2 a chicken, cut into various pieces (or whatever parts you want, I guess)
- 1 c. coconut milk (I like to make my own)
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1/4 c. arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
- In deep skillet or pot, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat. (I used my cast iron dutch oven.)
- Meanwhile, combine spices with vinegar to form a paste.
- When onions begin to turn translucent, add curry mixture and mix quickly to coat veggies well.
- Fry lightly for about a minute.
- Add chicken and stir-fry to coat with spices then add milk and stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is done (about 30-40 minutes). Sprinkle with arrowroot and stir until thickened.
- Serve hot over rice.
Raias Recipes http://raiasrecipes.com/