A kitchen staple.
Easy Chocolate Buttermilk Cake.
In the recipe card I’ve linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links won’t cost you anything extra, but I will earn a small percentage that will go to help support and maintain this site and its free content. Thanks! 😉
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 2 t. baking soda
- 3/4 c. organic evaporated cane juice or coconut sugar
- 2 T. chia or flax meal
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. hot water
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. soft butter or sour cream
- 2 t. vanilla (I like to make my own extract)
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. finely ground brown rice flour
- 1/2 c. sorghum flour
- 1/2 c. tapioca flour
- 1/2 c. arrowroot powder
- 1 heaping t. guar gum
- 1/2 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and dust a 13x9 inch baking dish or bundt pan with cocoa powder.
- Combine chia meal and hot water in large bowl and set aside.
- When gelled, combine chia mixture, sugar, cocoa, butter or sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir in boiling water until well mixed and thick.
- In separate bowl, combine flours, starch, soda, salt and gum. A little at a time, beat into sugar mixture.
- Stir in buttermilk mixture and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool, then frost.
- 2/3 c. evaporated cane juice
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Beat 1 minute, then remove from heat and beat until thickened.
- Spread over cake.
Pin this delicious cake for later!
Shared at Allergy Free Thursdays, the Better Baker, Family Fun Friday, Foodie FriDIY, Free From Fridays, From the Archives, Gluten Free Fridays, Happiness Is Homemade, Healthy Happy Green & Natural, Inspire Me Monday, Let’s Get Real, Merry Monday, Raising Homemakers, Real Food Fridays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and Gluten-Free Wednesdays , Simply Natural Saturdays, Sunday Fitness & Food, Tasty Tuesday, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, the Wednesday Showcase, Welcome Home Wednesday.