Almost every year, this special Walnut Roca is made in my household around the holidays. It’s a favorite of my father-in-law, so it’s quite often his Christmas present from me. Of course I have to make enough to keep some for myself. You know… make sure it’s safe, and all. 😉
Grain, Gluten & Grain Free
Write a review
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 t. white vinegar
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- Heat butter, sugar, and vinegar in saucepan.
- Stir constantly until candy thermometer reads 290 (soft-crack stage). The mixture will boil down and start to look frothy with little bubbles in it.
- Pour into buttered 8 inch square pan.
- Wait 2 minutes and top with chocolate chips. Cover and let chips melt. When melted, spread chocolate evenly over entire pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and cool in fridge until firm.
- Score and remove from pan; break into pieces.
- Store in covered container.
Raias Recipes http://raiasrecipes.com/